- If a car is damaged, making it unsafe to drive, have it towed to a service center. Do not attempt to drive it yourself.
- Some insurance companies have drive-in claims centers which will appraise your car for repairs. Please remember, these centers provide only preliminary surface assessments which result in a report of about 65-80% of the actual repair cost. Be sure to ask for a complete explanation of your appraisal.
- You are not required by law to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
- Your insurance company cannot require you to use a specific service center. The choice is ultimately yours. Some insurance companies will request that you to use a "recommended" service center. These "recommended" service centers regard your insurance company as their customer, not you. Be sure to read your policy carefully.
- Request genuine manufacturer parts.
- Whether your insurance company or another party is responsible for the repairs on your automobile, and restores your car’s functionality and appearance, you are still entitled to the loss in value that your vehicle has suffered as a result of the accident.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT
1. Remain calm.
2. Check to see if anyone is injured and call for help.
3. Call the police and file a report of the accident.
4. When filing the report, remember to only state the facts, not your opinion.
5. Be sure to record the driving license number, car license plate, insurance company and policy information,
and names and address of all parties involved.
** Print out this page and keep in your glove box for use in case of an accident**
Motorist Number 1
Phone _______________ License Plate # ________________
Driver’s License # _____________ Expiration Date _____________
Insurance Company ______________
Policy Number ___________________
Motorist Number 2
Phone __________________________ License Plate # ____________________
Driver’s License # __________________________ Expiration Date ___________________
Insurance Company ____________________ Policy Number ___________________
Contact your insurance company and report the accident.
Contact Cologne to obtain repair estimates.